Stuffed Jacket Potatoes (Serves 4)
4 Medium Potatoes
50 g – Grated cheddar
100g – Sweetcorn
100g – Finely chopped bell peppers
A small bunch of Fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 180°C and bake the potatoes for about 1 hour until cooked and the skins are crispy. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To stuff the jacket potatoes, heat the oven to 180° Cut the potatoes in half. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the middle of the potato, leaving the skin unbroken (like a boat). Place the scooped potato into a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the potato until there are no lumps. Add the cheese, sweetcorn, peppers and mix well.
- Gently pick the leaves from the Basil. Chop/tear into smaller pieces and stir into the cheesy potato mixture.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop the mixture back into the potato boats. Make sure that you use all the mixture up.
- Sprinkle little extra grated cheese and place on a baking tray. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 10-15 mins until golden, and serve hot.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Serving size: 2 potato halves
Calories: 162.8 kcal
Carbohydrate: 25.7 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Sugar: 0.06 g
Protein: 5.6 g
Fat: 4.5 g
Iron: 0.6 mg
Calcium: 13.5 mg
Sodium: 87.25 mg