- 2 medium-sized Apples
- 85 g Rolled Oats
- 40 ml Orange Juice
- 40 ml Honey
- 30 g Peanut Butter
- 20 g Brown Sugar
- 20 g Raisins
- 20 g Ground Flaxseeds
- 5 g Sea Salt
- 1 g Cinnamon Powder
- Combine oats, flaxseeds, and cinnamon. Roast in a pan until crisp.
- Combine orange juice, honey, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook it over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and mix well.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on a non-stick pan and bake until golden brown at 150°C for about 20 minutes. Halfway through the baking, stir the mixture well.
- Finally, stir in raisins and let the mixture cool completely. This is granola.
- To assemble the sandwiches, core each apple and cut into ¼-inch slices (8 slices per apple).
- Spread peanut butter on each slice and sprinkle with granola and top with another apple slice.
- Press down gently and the sandwiches are ready to be served.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Serving Size: 1 Portion (approx. 100 g)
- Calories: 245 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 41.6 g
- Fiber: 4.0 g
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Protein: 5.02 g
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Iron: 1.7 mg
- Calcium: 22.2 mg
- Sodium: 513.4 mg