Tis the season to be jolly and why not. Here are two winter special drinks that are perfect to whip up for the little elves to enjoy at the Christmas party.
SPICED APPLE CIDER
4 – 5 medium-sized Apples
½ liter Water
1 small-sized Orange
1 (3/4-inch) piece Fresh Ginger
2 (2-inch) Cinnamon Sticks
½ tsp Cloves
Orange slices (for serving, optional)
- In a pressure cooker, add the water and sliced apples and cook for 4 – 5 whistles. Cool and blend well.
- Pour this juice into a vessel.
- Cut the orange into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and the ginger into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Add both to the juice.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and cloves. (To make it easier to serve, place the cloves in a muslin cloth and tie it up with kitchen twine).
- Simmer over low flame for an hour. Remove the ginger and orange slices and spices.
- Keep warm and serve in mugs garnished with orange slices.
PUMPKIN PIE LATTE
For pumpkin pie spice:
1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
2 tbsp Honey
1 ½ cups Milk
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- To a small saucepan add the spice, pumpkin puree and honey. Cook over medium heat, while constantly stirring until it starts to simmer (approx. 45 seconds).
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and bring to a slight simmer while constantly stirring.
- Using a blender/mixer blend until frothy.
- Divide the mixture between two glasses. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of the spice mix.